Paws & Reward is a philosophy grounded in Positive Framing and transformative growth for animals and humans. Our relationship with our canine companions can be a window into how we relate to the world around us. It gives us insight to what holds us back and shows us where we'd like to expand & connect. Join me as I discuss this philosophy in detail and address common canine behavior concerns, such as fear, aggression and anxiety.
Cost: $40, payable to Paws & Rewards
No dogs present.
This workshop is for you if you want to:
- Understand and modify your dog's behavior
- Learn about more about yourself in relation to your pet and the world
- Dig deeper into your relationship with your dog
- See more of yourself through the eyes of your pet
Your class experience will give you the opportunity to:
- Understand your dog's behavior
- Learn how to compassionately communicate with your pet
- Learn the 10 principles of behavior modification
- See parallels between your behavior modification process and your dog
You will leave with a training plan, tools and handouts to help create a deep sense of connection in your relationship with your dog and everything else around you.
About the instructor:
Marissa Martino, CTC, CPDT – KA began her career working with canine companions after attending the Academy of Dog Trainers in 2007. There she learned scientific based training techniques focused on positive reinforcement ultimately strengthening the relationship between the dog and his/her owner. For the past 8 years, in conjunction to her own dog training business, Paws & Reward, I have had the pleasure of working for these various shelters implementing behavior modification programs addressing behavior concerns such as fear, aggression and anxiety.
She is currently the Behavior Manager at the Denver Dumb Friends League where she manages a staff of 9 people, working towards the care and behavior health of 20,000 animals per year.