When the solar plexus chakra is blocked, you lose your ability to see things in a variety of ways. You are blocked to different ideas about what is going on for you and have a very rigid approach to things. Here are common external influences of the solar plexus chakra.
- Career choice
- Relationships based on control
- A sense of powerlessness brought in through the familial line
- Low self esteem or puffed up ego
- Being part of rigid structures of control such as military and or strict religious practices
- Limited access to life choices; blocking off the ability to know who you are.
There are many indicators of an over-active or under-active solar plexus chakra – primarily the need for control or feeling powerless.
The primary emotions of the out-of-balance solar plexus chakra are anger and hopelessness. If this chakra is out of balance you may feel easily overwhelmed by others’ energy or feel taken advantage of. You may feel like you don’t have the right to an opinion or that your opinion doesn’t matter.
As the powerlessness continues, you may feel angry and resentful at those that you perceive to have more power than you. It may even be anger at a whole system, such as a company or government.
When this chakra comes into balance you feel a sense of strength in your core that empowers you to stand up for yourself in an assertive, healthy way. You are confident in your decision-making and feel safe expressing any emotions that come through with ease and self-acceptance.
The physical symptoms of a solar plexus chakra imbalance are more challenging to notice. When it is balanced you will feel strong in your convictions, but an imbalance can look like you are strong but are masking your insecurities. When in balance, you know yourself and your value in the world and when to act on your desires. Sometimes you have to look closely to see when there is a third chakra imbalance.
When you have an imbalance in the solar plexus, many symptoms can come up. Just to name a few:
- Abdominal pain
- Excess belly fat (sometimes this is the opposite with too much muscle in the abdomen)
- Lower energy
- Slumping posture
- Gallbladder or liver illnesses
When your body is talking to you about an imbalance though pain or discomfort, give it attention in a loving way. We often try and shame and force bodies back into functioning properly. Instead, love it first and ask what it needs.
THE PEOPLE IN OUR LIVES
People can plug into our chakras and draw off energy from us. They can do it to us while in our presence or not.
Often people will draw off energy from the solar plexus if they want power from you or to change your mind in some way.
If you are a people pleaser, you might be offering your power as a way to make someone else feel better about themselves. This drains your energy and makes the other person feel resentful.
People who want your power or perceived influence in the world can also hijack your third chakra. They can often use emotional energies from the second chakra such as obligation and guilt to get you to allow them to plug into your power.
THE BALANCING ACT
So how do you balance all this out? Meditation is always a great way to tune into your energy systems.
But if you are not a big meditator, here are some other ideas.
- Take time to really explore your desires and motivations.
- Go back and confirm the good choices you have made in life and times when you felt decisive. Validate you abilities.
- Identify authentically powerful people you know of. List their traits. You cannot observe in others what you do not have in yourself. This will allow your energy to acknowledge those traits in you.
- Do something to boost the way you feel about yourself. For example, get a new haircut, take a class, go dancing, etc.
There are many videos and meditations out there. This one is interesting.